Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Etsy Interview with Armychiclyfe

Etsy Interview with Armychic4lyfe<br /><br />First off, tell me a little bit about yourself. My name is Christine, Im 25 years old, and Im the creator of Armychic4lyfe. I am married to my hero, and my best friend; who is currently deployed. We are stationed in Washington state at the moment.<br /><br />I started Armychic4lyfe, because being a stay at home mom to a special needs 3 year old meant I didnt have time for a job away from home but needed to find a hobby and a way to bring in a little extra money. I had been selling on Ebay for years, as well as playing around with jewelry making, so when I found out about Etsy it was a no brainer!<br /><br />I started making hemp jewelry when I was little, but only started playing around with other types of jewelry making about 2 years ago. I knew that I needed a good hobby to entertain me during deployments.<br /><br />Most of my friends like to scrapbook, but I was always bored easily by scrap booking. Which is why I got into jewelry making. I just bought a few supplies one day and went from there!<br /><br />I also make cards on occassion, candles wax tarts, and bath products.<br /><br />When and how did you originally find Etsy?<br /><br />I honestly cant remember how I found Etsy, but Im pretty sure one of my friends told me about it. I was so excited after I found out about it! I opened a shop right away! My experience selling on Ebay definitely helped prepare me for selling on Etsy, the only big thing I had to learn how to do was take better pictures!<br /><br />What is unique about Etsy and what about the website do you like the most in regards to your shop?<br /><br />I love that you can set your own price, have your own avatar/banner, use Paypal, and that its only for handmade items, vintage items,and supplies! I love making handmade buying handmade!<br /><br />What inspires you the most in regards to your creations?<br /><br />Most of my inspiration comes from my experiences in life especially from being prior service Army being a mom and from my friends and family. Most of my jewelry is military inspired made for other military wives.<br /><br />I also love to make unique one of a kind pieces from upcycled broken jewelry when possible.<br /><br />What is your favorite piece youve created and why?<br /><br />I dont think I really have a favorite piece, but I do love how my hand knotted pearl necklaces look. I rarely make them since they take so long to make, but I love that simple elegant look of a pearl necklace.<br /><br />What do you want to accomplish with your online shop?<br /><br />I simply want to be able to create. And to be able to afford to keep creating! I would love to be able to make enough off Etsy to make a living creating.<br /><br />I also want to be able to keep creating unique pieces in Armychic4lyfe that are both affordable, unique, and beautiful.<br /><br />Do you have any new creations in the works? If so, what can shoppers expect to see from you soon?<br /><br />Im always working on new items, but right now Im listing items daily for the $1 Back to School Sale that Im having. It runs August 1st thru August 15th at Armychic4lyfe.<br /><br />Where can readers find out about more information regarding your jewelry and other creations and possible special offers including additional websites, blogs, facebook, etc?<br /><br />Published by Rachel B.<br /><br />Rachel B. is a college student from the Midwest with a passion for political and local issues. Her writing has been featured on the front page of Yahoo! View profile

No comments:

Post a Comment